The government funded Agriculture College of Fontaines (EPLEFPA - Etablissement Public Local d'Enseignement Professonnel Agricole) located in South-Burgundy, France,
welcomes every year at its 5 sites, more than 900 students in three different courses:
- Academics (High School Degree in Sciences)
- Technological (High School Degree in Technology) in order to continue a 2 or 3 year higher education - HND or Bachelor degrees -
- Vocational studies in several Agriculture fields, landscaping and service sectors.
Some of the above courses can be achieved through apprenticeship.
In addition our school has a training centre for adults (CFPPA) to gain experience in the fields of farming, landscaping, service sectors and social integration.
The school showcases two operational farms :
- A 150 hectare farm in Fontaines : 70 dairy-cows, 30 suckler-cows , poultry (8000 birds sold every year).
- A 70 hectare farm in Charolles with 700 suckler-ewes.
Innovations, rural development :
There are close connections between our school, agricultural professionals, and the key players of the rural development.
In progress school involvements are :
- the improvement of the farming business autonomy ,
- the building-up of environmental actions toward the farming world and land settlement,
- the development of local distribution networks.
International exchange aims :
Fontaines Agricultural College (EPLEFPA) is looking forward to establish long term relationships with other European schools, through students exchanges or internships on farms or in agriculture related companies.